I’m a Partner at the law firm of Sennett Fisher LLC. I am highly skilled in the areas of business law, civil litigation, and Internet-law related matters. My Internet-law practice is on the technological forefront of removing damaging content from the Internet, combating cyber-attacks, intellectual property infringement, and dealing with other internet related legal issues.
I have successfully represented clients in a range of matters, including:
- Defamation and invasion of privacy litigation and removal of derogatory content from the internet.
- Business tort cases concerning fraud, tortious interference, trade secret and non-compete issues, shareholder disputes, unfair trade practices, and intellectual property infringement claims.
- Breach of contract cases involving business disputes, commercial collections, real estate, and employment law issues.
- Complex corporate transactions involving the purchase and sale of business assets or interests, real estate, franchise law, construction contracts, and other commercial transactions.
- Insurance coverage litigation and wrongful death matters.
Each day I help businesses, business owners, entrepreneurs, and individuals with their business problems and legal issues. I work to establish a relationship of trust with all of my clients, find solutions to the problems they confront, and remain on the cutting edge of law and technology to serve their ever-changing needs.
- Won defense verdict in jury trial for breach of contract action between construction contractor and an S&P 100 commercial retail real estate company.
- Obtained court orders for removal of content from the internet in multiple defamation cases.
- Removed damaging content from dozens of websites and stopped defamatory online postings through use of DMCA complaints, take-down notices, and cease and deist letters.
- Prevailed on emergency motion for temporary restraining order in shareholder and business tort litigation between two private charter aircraft companies.
- Won appeal before the Eighth District Court of Appeals in insurance coverage dispute.
- Successfully represented local artist in breach of contract and copyright infringement action against large international entertainment company and celebrity rapper.
- Defeated motion to transfer venue in multi-state trust litigation involving the distribution of assets from $100 million dollar trust.
- Negotiated a release from non-compete agreement for ex-CEO of a $500 million dollar manufacturing company.
- Drafted Franchise Disclosure Document for launch of national boat rental franchise.
- Obtained “landmark” $1.12 million dollar jury verdict as team member in home-repair fraud case.
- Successfully negotiated series of transactions concerning the purchase of over $5 million dollars of debt, assets, and ownership interest of a distressed charter airplane management business.
Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- Litigation Concentration, with Honors.
- President and Founder of the Sports & Entertainment Law Society.
Miami University (Bachelor of Science)
- Major: Finance; Minor: Entrepreneurship.
- Miami University European Center in Luxembourg, Study Abroad Program.
Publications, Presentations, Media Mentions
- “Bing No Longer Complying With Court-Ordered Defamatory Content Removals?”, Interviewed by Website, SearchEngineWatch.com, August, 23, 2013.
- Business Law 101: Contract Law & Negotiation, Bizdom, May 2013.
- Construction Contract Negotiation 101, AmSpirit Business Connections, May 2013.
- “Hiring an Attorney to Remove Content From the Internet and Manage Your Online Reputation,” AmSpirit Business Connections Solon Chapter , February, 2013
- “Contract Law & Negotiation For Business Owners,” Bizdom, October 2012.
- “Business Blogging Insights From an Attorney”, Interviewed by Rocksolidmedia, LLC Blog, November 2010.
- “CWRU law students reap client tidy sum,” Crain’s Cleveland Business, March 14-20, 2011, VOL. 32, NO. 11.
- “Case Law Students Win Landmark $1.1 Million Dollar Verdict in Home-Repair Fraud Case”, The Plain Dealer, March 17, 2011.
- Author, Ohio Business Litigation Blog.
To speak with me about your specific internet related issue, call me at (216) 342-5127 or fill out this form.