I’m an attorney at the law firm Dinn Hochman & Potter, LLC. My law practice focuses on removing harmful content from the Internet.
I’ve successfully assisted clients in the removal of damaging content from hundreds of websites across the Internet.
My clients range from regular individuals and businesses, to fortune 500 companies, nonprofit organizations, government institutions, and many high profile people. My practice is international. I represent clients from across the nation and around the world. I have litigated over 53 defamation lawsuits in 10 states. In nearly all of these cases I have successfully secured court orders to remove defamatory content from the Internet.
In court, my experience includes obtaining verdict by jury and judge, winning temporary, preliminary, and permanent injunctions, and victory on appeal.
In one case, I forced one of the largest book publishers in the world to alter the memoir of their celebrity author, issue a public apology to my client, and offer to pay my client’s legal fees. The case garnered national media attention, and I was interviewed and quoted by publications and news outlets like Fox News, People, Time, The Hollywood Reporter, NY Post, ABC News, The Huffington Post, Washington Post, and The Daily Mail.
Because of my legal writing, I’m often called upon to comment and speak on topics involving online defamation. For example, I’ve been quoted numerous times in articles published by top ranked industry search engine marketing blogs like, Search Engine Journal, Search Engine Watch, and C|NET.
I’ve written pieces for professional publications like the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association. My Alma mater, Case Western Reserve University School of Law, interviewed me for a feature story in their annually published alumni magazine, In Brief.
I also often speak to groups of businesses and other lawyers on the subject of Internet defamation. For example, in June of 2015 I spoke to the Chester County Pennsylvania Bar Association as part of a lecture series for its members. In 2013, I gave a presentation at Jackson Lewis’s Employment Law Conference in Akron Ohio, on How to defend your Business from Cyber Defamation by Former Employees.
I have been recognized as a “Rising Star” by Super Layers Magazine every year since 2014. An honor given each year to no more than 2.5% of the top attorneys in a state. On the lawyer rating website Avvo, I have a “Superb” (10/10) rating, and was given the “Client’s Choice” award in the area of Libel Law.
I live in Cleveland, Ohio. I am married and have two sons.
Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- Litigation Concentration, with Honors.
- President and Founder of the Sports & Entertainment Law Society.
Miami University (Bachelor of Science)
- Major: Finance; Minor: Entrepreneurship.
- Miami University European Center in Luxembourg, Study Abroad Program.
Publications, Presentations, Interviews, & Media Mentions
- Speaker on Internet Defamation, Chester County Pennsylvania Bar Association, BULL Series (Better Understanding of Lawyers Lives), 2015.
- Forget Being A Victim, What To Do When Revenge Porn Strikes, C|NET, 2015.
- THE REPUTATION PROTECTOR, In Brief, A Publication of Case Western Reserve University School of Law, 2014.
- Publisher to Alter Lena Dunham Book After Rape Story Questioned, Attorney Says, The Hollywood Reporter, 2014.
- Lena Dunham’s Publisher Offers to Pay Legal Fees for Former Student, People, 2014.
- Removal of Ripoff Reports from Search Engines Remains Best Option, DefamationRemovalAttorneys Blog, 2014.
- Lena Dunham’s Publisher Addresses Breitbart Report With Clarification of ‘Barry One’ Rape Allegations, The Wrap, 2014.
- Random House Goes For Quick Payoff, Clears ‘Barry One’, Breitbart.com, 2014.
- Lena Dunham Publisher To Alter Future Versions of ‘Not That Kind of Girl’ To Clarify Ideintity Of Star’s Alleged Rapist, New York Daily News, 2014.
- Top 5 Online Reputation Laws You Should Know, ReputationX Blog, 2014.
- Court Slams Free Speech: Anonymous Yelp Reviews Under Fire, SearchEngineJournal.com, 2014.
- Ripoff Report To Revise Removal Policy: May Accept Court Orders, SearchEngineWatch.com, 2014.
- Man Who Claims He Matches Description Of Lena Dunham’s Alleged Rapist Starts Legal fund To Clear His Name And Prepare For Law Suit Against The Girls Creator, The Daily Mail, 2014.
- Lena Dunham Publisher Says her Alleged Rapist “Barry” Wasn’t Actually Named Barry, The Washington Post.
- Lena Dunham Says ‘Barry’ Was Pseudonym In Her Sexual Assault Essay, ABC News, 2014.
- Lena Dunhams’ Publisher to Alter Her Book After Threat of Litigation Over Rape Story, Time, 2014.
- Lena Dunham’s Publisher Clarifies That Alleged Rapist’s Name Is A Pseudonym, Entertainment Weekly, 2014.
- Lena Dunham’s Book to be Reprinted With ‘Rapist’ Clarification, NY Post – Page Six, 2014.
- Should ‘Girls’ Star Lena Dunham Be Prosecuted?, Above The Law, 2014.
- Lena Dunham’s Publisher to Alter Memoir Passages Related to Rape Story, The Huffington Post, 2014.
- Lena Dunham Reportedly “Tweaking” Her Book After Legal Threat, Salon.com, 2014.
- Lena Dunham’s Book To be Altered Over Confusion About Rape Accusations, Cosmopolitan.com, 2014.
- Man Considers Lawsuit Against Lena Dunham Over Campus Rape Claim, FOX News 2014.
- Court Orders Yelp to Disclose User Identification Info for Reviews, Examiner.com 2014.
- Limited Liability Company Primer & Managing Your Company’s Online Reputation, Bizdom, 2014.
- Anonymous Yelp Reviews are Slammed by the Courts, Ignitevisibility.com, 2014.
- The Dark Side of the Internet—How to Remove Bogus and Defamatory Online Content, Bar Journal of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, 2013.
- Yelp Lawsuit Could Mean Guest Reviewers Can Get Back Pay, SearchEngineJournal.com, 2013.
- How to Defend Your Business from Cyber Defamation by Former Employees and other Malcontents, Jackson Lewis 2013 Akron Employment Law Conference, 2013.
- Bing No Longer Complying With Court-Ordered Defamatory Content Removals?, Interviewed by Website, SearchEngineWatch.com, August, 23, 2013.
- Business Law 101: Contract Law & Negotiation, Bizdom, May 2013.
- Construction Contract Negotiation 101, AmSpirit Business Connections, May 2013.
- “Hiring an Attorney to Remove Content From the Internet and Manage Your Online Reputation,” AmSpirit Business Connections Solon Chapter , February, 2013
- “Contract Law & Negotiation For Business Owners,” Bizdom, October 2012.
- “Business Blogging Insights From an Attorney”, Interviewed by Rocksolidmedia, LLC Blog, November 2010.
- “CWRU law students reap client tidy sum,” Crain’s Cleveland Business, March 14-20, 2011, VOL. 32, NO. 11.
- Case Law Students Win Landmark $1.1 Million Dollar Verdict in Home-Repair Fraud Case, The Plain Dealer, March 17, 2011.
- Author, Ohio Business Litigation Blog.
To speak with me about your specific Internet related issue, call me at (440) 446-1100 or fill out this form.