Aaron Minc is a nationally recognized leader in the specialized area of Internet defamation. His work is on the technological forefront of removing damaging content from the Internet, combating cyber-attacks, and uncovering identities of anonymous Internet users. Aaron has developed a cost-effective cutting edge legal solutions for his clients’ most pressing and damaging online problems. He is the go-to attorney in his industry or “fixer” for the most malicious and hard to solve internet defamation crises.
Aaron represents clients worldwide, ranging from individuals, small to mid-size business and Fortune 500 companies to large nonprofit organizations, government institutions and high profile executives, celebrities, politicians, and other individuals. His practice involves combating Internet defamation, content removal, competitor defamation, Internet extortion, online investigation, online harassment, online cyber-bulling, revenge porn, online privacy, and other types of cyber-attacks.
Aaron has successfully litigated more than 100 Internet defamation lawsuits in 19 states and 3 countries, securing removal of defamatory content in nearly all of his cases. His experience spans obtaining verdict by jury and judge, winning temporary, preliminary, and permanent injunction, and victory on appeal. In the course of his practice, Aaron has removed over 10,000 websites and other pieces of false or damaging content from the Internet and search results for clients.
News media publications frequently call upon Aaron to comment and speak on topics involving Internet defamation and online privacy issues. He also teaches tactics and strategies for dealing with online cyber-attacks to businesses owners, professional service providers, and other attorneys.
• Forced one of the largest book publishers in the world to alter the memoir of their celebrity author, issue a public apology to the client, and publicly agree to pay the client’s legal fees. Case garnered national media attention and successfully managed public relations campaign and interviews with news media outlets.
• Obtained temporary and permanent injunction for removal of online content published by woman who started embarrassing website about high profile CEO as part of an extortion attempt for cash, real estate, and other property through online smear campaign.
• Represented large non-profit in litigation to remove defamatory websites and stop ongoing online extortion campaign and bogus litigation attacks against organization, board members and executives by rogue ex-employee.
• Successfully obtained removal by court order of defamatory and embarrassing YouTube videos for head royalty figure/leader of foreign government.
• Removed hundreds of defamatory and fake online blogs and press releases regarding central foreign government institution and its country leader through court order.
• Removed more than 25 news articles from Internet involving case of a false arrest report accusing client of kidnapping, rape, sodomy, assault, battery and other criminal charges.
• Obtained settlement and injunction in case after investigating and successfully identifying close friend of young woman who was using dark web to hack her social media accounts, spread defamatory information, and publish fake nude photos of her online. Removed all material published from the Internet and search results.
• Obtained emergency restraining order and repossession of business’ socially media accounts that had been illegally taken over by a contractor of the business who was using the social media accounts to publish defamation, pornography and other private information as a means of extortion to resolve a contract dispute.
• Removed news articles, in-depth investigative reports and archives from political activist and non-profit organization websites regarding activity of undercover FBI agent wrongfully identified and exposed individual as being potential terrorist and/or hate group leader.
• Uncovered identity of woman and private investigator using highly sophisticated tactics and dark web to conceal identity to publishing dozens of defamatory, malicious, and baseless smears against men met through online dating websites. Removed all defamatory content published.
• Obtained pre-litigation settlement for client after successful identification in case involving defamation of male gynecologist, being defamed online by cross town competitor with fake patient reviews.
• Secured permanent injunction against woman engaged in malicious ongoing campaign of online defamation, harassment, and extortion against business owner, wife and Company. Successfully removed over 50 websites and defamatory pieces of content.
• Attempted to and successfully removed nearly every different type and kind of content from the Internet and/or Google search results, including, but not limited to the following types of material or content located on the following websites:
|Ripoffreport.com||Activist group websites||Barboyreport.Kr|
|Pissedconsumer.com||WordPress.com, Blogspot.com, wix.com, tumblr.com, and other personal blogging websites||Sheasahomewreker.com|
|ComplaintsBoard.com||YouTube and other online video content||Cheaterland.com|
|Court cases and pleadings||Domains/websites registered and targeted to attack specific businesses and individuals||Usacomplaints.com|
|Personal information directory websites||Thedirty.com||Scamorg.com|
|Revenge porn, pornography, and anonymous porn pictures forums||Cheaterreport.com||RateMDs.com, Vitals.com|
|Discussion forum threads||Tagthesponsor.com|
• Ohio State and Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Associations
• Cleveland Jewish News, Board Member, 2014-present
• Recognized as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine, 2014-present
• Rated “Superb” (10/10) on the lawyer rating website Avvo.com
• Clients Choice Award in area of libel law, Avvo.com, 2013
• Chester County Pennsylvania Bar Association, BULL Series – Internet Defamation Presentation, 2015
• ICIC.org, CEO Series: “Online Reputation Management – How to Fight Negative Reviews,” 2016
• Bizdom, “Limited Liability Company Primer & Managing Your Company’s Online Reputation,” 2014
• Jackson Lewis 2013 Akron Employment Law Conference, “How to Defend Your Business from Cyber Defamation by Former Employees and other Malcontents,” 2013
• Bizdom, “Business Law 101: Contract Law & Negotiation,” 2013
• United States Supreme Court
• U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
• All Ohio State Courts